Marshall 1960A Cab

Just got a marshall 1960A cab from a friend for $300. its a 2015 with the g12t-75's in it. it sounds a little fizzy should i do the x pattern with v30's or just give the speakers some time to get worn in?

it sounds a little fizzy should i do the x pattern with v30's or just give the speakers some time to get worn in?

you should take it to a band rehearsal space, or drive out to bfe with a generator and beat the every loving fuq out of it with palm mute maxed volume low register 5th and 4ths up and down the fretboard for like an hour. some frets will hum a LOT, more than others, when u get a fret that resonates like crazy, focus on those areas most. trying to get the paper and surround and spider to move as much as possible, to vibrate out the crispy, what's left is creamy top, at low volume later u will laugh playing lead through it

Just got a marshall 1960A cab from a friend for $300. its a 2015 with the g12t-75's in it. it sounds a little fizzy should i do the x pattern with v30's or just give the speakers some time to get worn in?

If you decide to get rid of any of those speakers and want to sell some, let me know. I'm looking to change my speakers in my 412 to at least 2 of those G12T-75's.

Unless it's had an easy life I'd say they're broken in. And although this is an unpopular opinion, in my experience most speakers don't sound very different after break-in anyway.

T75's can be a fairly harsh speaker, so yeah trying some blends could work for you. Modern V30's aren't known for being smooth, but will make for an aggressive rock and metal cab. You could explore others if you're game - the Redback is worth looking at (X-pattern), or a pair of M Creambacks (up top). Both will smooth out the cab a bit, and make it more versatile.

Unless it's had an easy life I'd say they're broken in. And although this is an unpopular opinion, in my experience most speakers don't sound very different after break-in anyway.

T75's can be a fairly harsh speaker, so yeah trying some blends could work for you. Modern V30's aren't known for being smooth, but will make for an aggressive rock and metal cab. You could explore others if you're game - the Redback is worth looking at (X-pattern), or a pair of M Creambacks (up top). Both will smooth out the cab a bit, and make it more versatile.
Be careful of dead cabs or cabs with dead spots.
Knock on the top & on the sides for a sample.
I only use one brand of cabinetry=Zilla FTW.
He’s right on the cutting edge of the coin in guitar amplifier cabinetry.
In my decades of wishful discoveries,
I found it’s best to keep the cabinetry the same.
They’re fixtures housing the driver’s.
I do not like mass produced cabinets.
I also stay away from overbuilt cabinets-too good to break-in.
They’ve gotta’ have the loving touch.

Back