logo rant

megametal7

Roadie
TGF Recording Artist
Hey gang,

I've ordered a logo from Fiverr website and what a nightmare that was. I put in instructions my requirements along with samples of pics from her samples. She spelt logo wrong, I've asked to fix spelling 5x and 6th times she got it right. Now, we have spelling right... we can move on designing logo.... She kept sending me very poor looking samples.... As if she was typing in some letters into some cheap ass website.. I didn't approve any of it... I got annoyed with her not following my instructions and asked to cancel several times which she refused... I went to playpal and got them to get me my refund. I'll include them abominations below...

Now....

I still need a bloody logo.... dose anyone know anyone who can do a cool logo around £50.00? I dont want much , just something that we can use for band promo for gigs.

any tips?

thx

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-06-15 at 7.01.05 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-15 at 7.01.05 PM.jpeg
    39.5 KB · Views: 51
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-06-15 at 7.00.45 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-15 at 7.00.45 PM.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 49
I'll take a whack at it for free! If you like what I do, you can pay whatever you want!! PM me if interested so we can discuss details like key words/phrases you want to evoke, palette, what she did wrong, what she did right, etc.!!! FYI, a few basics of logo creation, in case you are not aware are:

1. Must look good both small and large
2. Maximum of 4 colors, 3 is better, 2 is aces and one color is preferred by most big corporations (and yes, I know, you are not a corporation, just saying, it is a general rule of thumb in the logo design world).
3. Must set you apart and be recognizable evoking in the viewers mind who you are and what you do.

Happy to help, either way, best of luck!

Hey gang,

I've ordered a logo from Fiverr website and what a nightmare that was. I put in instructions my requirements along with samples of pics from her samples. She spelt logo wrong, I've asked to fix spelling 5x and 6th times she got it right. Now, we have spelling right... we can move on designing logo.... She kept sending me very poor looking samples.... As if she was typing in some letters into some cheap ass website.. I didn't approve any of it... I got annoyed with her not following my instructions and asked to cancel several times which she refused... I went to playpal and got them to get me my refund. I'll include them abominations below...

Now....

I still need a bloody logo.... dose anyone know anyone who can do a cool logo around £50.00? I dont want much , just something that we can use for band promo for gigs.

any tips?

thx

I'm of no help, sorry, but I'm curious what the logo is supposed to say. I can't read it.

Sounds like you're getting a good helping hand from @Moondog Wily. Kudos for being so generous M Dog.

On that note though, have you considered changing your band name to Primal Damdailod?
we call ourselves exactly that as a joke now lol

That what I thought, she didnt do any work, just type some letters into something and wanted £50.00 for that....

@Moondog Wily is doing it now for me nd we already have a good start, im sure he will blow me away with his creation.

Or Primal David Draiman. Now that's a band name you can't forget (and will most likely get you a C&D letter. But hey, that's free news coverage for you!).
Shorten it a bit and "Primal David" gets people interested. Is David a caveman? Is the statue of David going to attack me from the stage? Is it the name of the main guy in the band? How crazy is he to be called "Primal"?

"I love Primal David! Their lead singer, Steve, is fantastic!"

Last edited:
Shorten it a bit and "Primal David" gets people interested. Is David a caveman? Is the statue of David going to attack me from the stage? Is it the name of the main guy in the band? How crazy is he to be called "Primal"?

"I love Primal David! Their lead singer, Steve, is fantastic!"
You can definetly sell an idea, my friend. Now I want to form Primal David. I just need a singer called David and a handful of neanderthal costumes. We do split headlining tours with Heavysaurus (check it out, hilarious kids band).

Back