Logic Pro for ipad!!!!

That’s pretty badass. Without all of my other plugs on the iPad, (Neural, GGD, IZotope) I would imagine it would probably have more utility for tracking, and then “finishing” on a computer. But still pretty cool to have Logic on a tablet. Good timing, I just put my foot through an iPad screen and need to buy a new one. :bag It may be compatible with older version, but this is probably the only push I need to buy the pro. (I can’t imagine this not needing the extra juice)

That’s pretty badass. Without all of my other plugs on the iPad, (Neural, GGD, IZotope) I would imagine it would probably have more utility for tracking, and then “finishing” on a computer. But still pretty cool to have Logic on a tablet. Good timing, I just put my foot through an iPad screen and need to buy a new one. :bag It may be compatible with older version, but this is probably the only push I need to buy the pro. (I can’t imagine this not needing the extra juice)
I think with the newest “regular” iPad, it would work, but yeah, if it were me, I would go for the Pro - it’ll just make everything better. 😁

Sorry to hear about your accident. That always sucks.

Definitely interested but only to a certain degree as I can already airdrop Garageband files to my IMac and open them just fine in Logic. At most I use the ipad for getting a quick idea down when I’m at work, but if LogicPad has some more in depth synth/key stuff I’d probably use it a lot more. Definitely would be good for traveling and working on stuff on the plane and sh*t.

But the subscription thing is going to make some mad!!!! Just look what happened to Waves!
Ahh yes. I hate that everything is moving to subscription. At least give us a choice of a big up front fee for life, or small recurring payments forever. But looks like SaaS is here to stay…

Sounds cool but dumb they are charging a subscription for it. Should be a one-time purchase or included/add-on with Logic Pro.

It's $50 a year, far more reasonable than most. I'm not psyched about it either, but if it keeps development moving swiftly (no pun intended), then I'm fine with it.
Yes, $49 is very reasonable and in reach for most working pros that will actually use this softwares to their full potential!

I'm so deeply disappointed in the lack of software progress on iPadOS that I can't get excited about this. I can expect that it will require a ton of awkward workarounds to perform things that are totally easy on a Mac and probably has plenty of limitations.

A12/M1/M2 iPad Pros which are required for this cost similar money to a Macbook Air. Just buy the Air instead and not have to deal with subscription bullshit.

Personally I won't buy another iPad probably ever again. I moved to a Samsung Galaxy Fold 4 and it serves my phone and tablet needs so well that there's no point having a dedicated tablet. I can even hook it up to a display and it turns into basically a slightly crappy desktop computer.

of all the things apple charge a premium for, and especially for all the peripheral bullshit you’d need to get things working nicely (USB hubs, cables, stands, cable management, MIDI controllers) it’s hilarious that $50 a year is suddenly absolutely unacceptable to some.

Logic Pro X costs next to nothing for what’s included, and they haven’t charged anything since it’s release (how long ago now? 10 years?) for some ridiculously substantial features. I don’t even use Logic except for some occasional projects that get sent to me in it but it’s really insane value for money.

If the money is a problem, use the alternatives. Not sure how it can get any cheaper than $1 a week.

Back