Line 6, any hope of better in ear monitors?

pipelineaudio

Shredder
Something like this with an extremely high quality of life ratio (rechargeable batteries, very very small footprint, things you can leave plugged in, one time setup, etc...).

But 2/5ghz bands and stereo?

If we were to ever make an IEM system, it'd be much closer to the higher end Shure or Sennheiser price point, not XVive's. Line 6 has zero interest in a race to the bottom, and the whole downmarket 2.4GHz wireless audio space has been heavily commoditized (and the 2.4GHz IEM space isn't far behind). You're either "whoa-this-thing's-$30-on-Amazon-and-does-the-job-fine" or "I need something expensive and professional for world tours"; there's not much demand for in between solutions, where neither the run rates nor margins are great.

A lot of customers just want cheap "good enough" stuff shipped in 24 hours, and that world is death for a company like Line 6. BOSS and InMusic/Headrush have the resources to compete in that space (a loud Alto party PA with 128 RGB LEDs and Bluetooth audio for $99 at Costco?!) but we don't.

"Ha! What about the $179 POD Express?!" one might then chortle. Well, we believe that product happens to fill a gap in the market and targets a new customer. Once the CMs rush in with their $49 POD Express wannabes, we'll have to pivot and find an entirely new gap.

To me it’s not so much about price. It’s about form factor. If Shure made something like the GLX D16 I’d certainly buy that. Or Line 6’s Gseires

I see ProCo has something to compete with the Xvive U4 and seems to have the same issues, but is 5G instead of the 2.4ghz.

I just bought the Shure GLXD16+ after sadly just having to give up on the Line 6 G50 (though tech support was great and warranty didn't give me any crap about it!). It allows you to switch between 2.4 and 5.8 and has been great. Something like that from you guys for in ears would be awesome, and worth the price!

Back