Ladies and Germs, the new King’s X is out. Go listen to it. Now.

I'm checking it out and so far the beginning of All God's Children was reminding me SOMETHING that I could not figure out. I HATE IT when that happens!!
Then I went to get a drink of water and it came to me.

I started listening on the way into work yesterday, I was curious if there was going to be some heavy stuff on it and by song 2 I had my answer!

Gonna dig on this today while I pick up!

I liked Holidays and Watcher, especially that twang-y warm tone on that song. Total King's X vibe.

Three Sides of One. It’s all sides of awesomeness. I love these guys, so much. And Ty makes SS amps sound amazing.

Did that last night. Love it. Ty has a LOT of very different, atypical tones from what he is known for. Plenty
of Fuzz on the new album. I know one thing for sure, they all still got it. :)

I thought Ty was the Rectos for some reason . Wasn’t Dogman a Mesa ?
Dogman was. But he’s done a lot of stuff, and is well known for his Lab Series use.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Gibson had Randall Smith design a new Lab Series, given their renewed popularity.

I listened to a song just now called All God's Children. Um; title alone deduct 10 points
:bag :satan

Slow and meandering and the usual everything with 37 part harmonies I didn't ask for. I always find I should have stopped at Gretchen as that is as far in this journey as I am ever going to be able to go. I'd rather listen to Doug sing Light Up the Sky with Yngwie. Appreciate the talent. Truly. But stylistically will never be my bag.

I listened to a song just now called All God's Children. Um; title alone deduct 10 points
:bag :satan

Slow and meandering and the usual everything with 37 part harmonies I didn't ask for. I always find I should have stopped at Gretchen as that is as far in this journey as I am ever going to be able to go. I'd rather listen to Doug sing Light Up the Sky with Yngwie. Appreciate the talent. Truly. But stylistically will never be my bag.

Can't let that be the last word here. ;)

I get not liking it. I give majour props for Dug being 70+ and still howling like a
elderly woman in Church, Jerry rebounding from more than one near death experience,
and Ty for being Ty. I could definitely nitpick, but I have too much love for those guys, and
when I love hard I swallow my old, bitter man tendencies to shit on everything for one reason
or another.
Not that you were. :beer

Flood is epic. One of the hammeringest of riffs they have ever recorded. :headbang

And the lyrical/thematic content is an about face from their former "love will save us all" vibe.
Props to them for growing into more cynical and skeptical old men, I can relate. :clint

Back