Its starting to smell around here

Fantastic playing an tone Mike!

How do you match the tones to the record?
Just use appropriate gear and Then lots of EQ'ing (simple & Tilt) some compression at the end needed 2 Types of Choruses
amp was easy Twin Reverb clean with DS 1 slamming the front and the always on Double take at the end of the chain
5 Snapshots 1 : Clean 2: Distortion 3 : clean Chorus 4: OD Chorus 5: Solo

Holy $hit!! I bow to your dialing skills!

were not worthy waynes world GIF

Howdy all, yes it Smells :D
just thought id share this low hanging fruit, i always loved the raw energy and savage distortion

First one at the top

Cheers
Mike
Are all the guitars Helix or are some of the original guitar tracks in there? If this is all you, what was your strategy for getting the controlled feedback on War Pigs? Cranked the monitors up? There is even some bloom happening on some of the chords that I can only get with real volume. Not sure how you are getting that without some real interaction in the room. I typically have to crank my monitors or sometimes drag out a powered wedge when tracking.

Are all the guitars Helix or are some of the original guitar tracks in there? If this is all you, what was your strategy for getting the controlled feedback on War Pigs? Cranked the monitors up? There is even some bloom happening on some of the chords that I can only get with real volume. Not sure how you are getting that without some real interaction in the room. I typically have to crank my monitors or sometimes drag out a powered wedge when tracking.
I do record Pretty Loud (room tone form my Powercabs ) and My P-90's are very hot so I do get some controlled feedback

@Stone Dang man, I missed these when you posted them, but good grief. Awesome work and amazing playing.

That War Pigs tone is killer. These were all Helix, right? How are you finding your FM9 for matching tones like these? Any easier to dial in?

@Stone Dang man, I missed these when you posted them, but good grief. Awesome work and amazing playing.

That War Pigs tone is killer. These were all Helix, right? How are you finding your FM9 for matching tones like these? Any easier to dial in?
YEs Unfortunately the Site took down my Smells like teen for some copy right thingy
All songs so far that I've done have been with the Helix as I always said the Helix is an awesome machine no doubts
as For the Fractal i Just find it easier to get better tones and its also about the feel
Ill be posting My next cover soon Gary Moore Parisienne Walkways Live at royal albert hall, which will be my First with the FM9
ill let you guys be the Judge :D

Last edited:
Ill be posting My next cover soon Gary Moore Parisienne Walkways Live at royal albert hall w which will be my First with the FM9
ill let you guys be the Judge :D
Looking forward to it! I'm confident it'll be right up there with your usual consistent quality standards.

Oh! Today I've spent all the day playing it, and tweaking a tone with the Axe-FX. The studio version, though.
I started off with the Studio version but found it didn't have enough Fire no where close to his live playing, and that posed a challenge to
get that tone Overall im happy with the results only part I cant replicate is that Long 1 Minute Sustain I just dont have the DB in my playing environment
Ohh and I also didn't master all those Facial expressions :D

Back