International shipping

Bruce

Shredder
Purchased a rackmount mixer from Thomann almost 2 years ago that needs to go back for warranty work. Brought to UPS in NJ, they wanted……………..850 dollars to ship to germany, insured for 1200 bucks.

I can buy a direct flight for 550 bucks and probably a 100 dollar train ticket and personally drop it off myself for less.

Are they high? What in the hell is going on with shipping?

That's insane. I sent a JCM800 in a flight case from Norway to England a couple years back, it was like $65, with UPS.

That's insane. I sent a JCM800 in a flight case from Norway to England a couple years back, it was like $65, with UPS.
I don’t get it. Even going thru the app, a 20 lb box with a typical size for a rackmount unit, the app showed 500 and change with a discount for my account. Contracted rate or something like that. They’re outrageous.

It's insane since around the end of 2019 - early 2020.

My wife has these boots that she's loved for years. No longer available from sellers in the U.S.

So she orders directly from the manufacturer's store "Free returns".

The sizing changed a bit so she asked for a return shipping label and understood if they charged a bit more. They said they couldn't do that but authorized an RMA.

My wife contacts UPS to determine shipping. Return shipping to Italy for 2 pair of boots $450 that was the cheapest option. For another $50 she could have bought two more pair of boots - never again.

Back