Ibanez Twin Peaks Wah

ragingplatypi

Roadie

Very interesting. The clean tones are close to this sound I’ve had in my head which is basically a phaser controlled by an expression pedal.

TWIN PEAKS

Twin Peaks Rubbing Hands Together GIF

We're obviously back in the mid 80's cycle of cheap plastic, like when Ibanez switched pedal enclosures to the garbage brittle plastic of the time, from the heavy duty durable metal enclosures.

Probably no petroleum products in it, some soy based shit made to look like plastic. Diesel this morning was 5.05/gallon in my area (the real stuff). I'm sure it's much worse elsewhere in the US. I surely wouldn't want to pay EU prices for it.

Has a bit similar vibes to what you can get out of the Strymon Zelzah in the envelope mode.

Sounds decent. It's hard to get too excited about wahs these days. I already have 3 nice ones anyways, lol. And as much as I love wah, it's not an effect that sees tons of use.

I played around on my FM9 last night with 2 parallel Wah blocks tweaked so one was the lower frequency range and the other was the higher range. Blended both with a Mixer block.

Loads of fun!

I liked both, the bass and guitar settings on my old WH-10 (30 years ago o_O)

I get the feeling this is kinda giving me both on a blend, I love that idea (and the sound I am hearing). I am never quite satisfied with any Wah, so I'm gonna give this a try, in about 2 weeks I'll know more.

I liked both, the bass and guitar settings on my old WH-10 (30 years ago o_O)

I get the feeling this is kinda giving me both on a blend, I love that idea (and the sound I am hearing). I am never quite satisfied with any Wah, so I'm gonna give this a try, in about 2 weeks I'll know more.
Keep us updated!

Back