Ibanez RG2610E tuning stability issues

Gtrjones

Does anyone know if any other tremolo would work as a replacement for the Ibanez edge pro tremolo on the RG2610E without modification? I cannot get this guitar to stay in tune. I’m concerned that the body route wont accept lets say, an Edge lowpro. I’ve owned other Ibanez guitars that stayed in tune perfectly, this one is giving me tons of trouble.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if any other tremolo would work as a replacement for the Ibanez edge pro tremolo on the RG2610E without modification? I cannot get this guitar to stay in tune. I’m concerned that the body route wont accept lets say, an Edge lowpro. I’ve owned other Ibanez guitars that stayed in tune perfectly, this one is giving me tons of trouble.

Unfortunately not, good sir.

The Edge Pro’s stud spacing is 73mm while most Floyd’s are 74mm and the cavities are routed differently. A Gotoh 1996t can almost fit but doesn’t allow for full functionality.

Here’s an Ibanez bridge reference chart-

3FC0A65B-22C8-4D65-A33F-C885571843CA.jpeg

Without routing/filling and drilling the original stud holes yer shitouttaluck. Even if you address the studs, the rest of the route doesn’t allow for much compatibility.

Lol, do you know of any solutions to get the Edge pro to stay in tune? Thanks for posting the chart.

Lol, do you know of any solutions to get the Edge pro to stay in tune? Thanks for posting the chart.

I was never a fan of the Edge Pro just from playing them in stores when the JEMs starting coming out with them, so I never set one up. @Eagle is our resident tech, he might have come across an Edge Pro or two at this point.

For the most part, it behaves like any other floating trem so you can follow Rich Harris’ setup tips here- https://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/index.htm

Thanks for the link, I’ll see what he has to say.
Check that out first and come back if you’re still having trouble. I normally have no issues getting the edge pro to stay in tune. Check your locknut is properly tight and not moving during use. If you are using a hex hider throw it out. Use a real key and squeaky tight.

Thanks for the reply. I’m using an allen wrench for locking the nut and saddles. Im going to try another setup this weekend and see if I can find the bug.

Back