….

Well, after listening to Tone Talk twice this week, Friedman has now shit talked Fractal at least once, and plugged Neural at least twice, saying the Quad Cortex is the "best modeler out there".

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I bet he's working with Neural on a Friedman plug-in, as Mesa has, and notably fellow BAD stablemate Soldano has, as well as Fortin.

It kinda makes sense, I suppose. They could do a BE/Dirty Shirley/Buxom Betty plugin.
I don't know how people are able to sit through more than 30 seconds of Dave Friedman talking on a podcast.

Well, after listening to Tone Talk twice this week, Friedman has now shit talked Fractal at least once, and plugged Neural at least twice, saying the Quad Cortex is the "best modeler out there".

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I bet he's working with Neural on a Friedman plug-in, as Mesa has, and notably fellow BAD stablemate Soldano has, as well as Fortin.

It kinda makes sense, I suppose. They could do a BE/Dirty Shirley/Buxom Betty plugin.

I'm sure, but Friedman's one of the most modeled/profiled modern amp brands there are, so not sure how much value it provides. Maybe if they lean into having an official Jake E Lee, Steve Stevens or JJ100? No real models of those out there.

Dave himself said $$$ will make people use questionable judgment. Maybe it was a sort of confession. :idk

They already did something with Brainworx, so I think it would depend on their contract there and how easy it is to do something else.

Brainworx kind of fudged the BE100 IMO, I really wish that was a better model (even though it looks fantastic). The Dirty Shirley is OK, not sure I've used the Buxon Betty for more than about 5 minutes.

Given the possible companies out there who are able to offer officially licensed plugin models, is there a better option (for both sides) than NDSP?

They already did something with Brainworx, so I think it would depend on their contract there and how easy it is to do something else.

Brainworx kind of fudged the BE100 IMO, I really wish that was a better model (even though it looks fantastic). The Dirty Shirley is OK, not sure I've used the Buxon Betty for more than about 5 minutes.

Given the possible companies out there who are able to offer officially licensed plugin models, is there a better option (for both sides) than NDSP?

The only other viable option to me would be IK Multimedia, and I find their business model/practices to be just as frustrating as Neural, with the added insult of inferior modeling.

I can see it now....Coming Sooooon!! ...

black background, white thin line drawing indicating the outline of a big guy with high hairdoo and little ears poking out beside fat cheeks...sort of like a punk rock Casper the ghost

Archetype Dave!!

Says something then does the opposite. He will fit right in with NDSP! 😂

I am generally curious what he thinks NDSP modeling does better that FAS is missing

He says that Fractal has a weird honk to it, that it doesn't sound right, doesn't clean up correctly.
Honestly I can get on board the honk a tad. But then to turn around and say NDSP doesn't have hyped high and low end is comical.

Tbf, the Friedman in the QC is really good.

I guess. The comment just stinks of "I run a tube amp company and don't have a relationship with Fractal, so I'ma gonna ignore the manual and just shit-talk instead."
Oh that's absolutely what he's doing. Which whatever, I don't fault him for making $$$ but why trash another product in the process. Just say you like what NDSP is doing and leave it at that

I’d be really curious if Dave is comparing captures to models and I suspect his interest in the QC may be reallated more to the capture aspect than the modeling.

I keep threatening Marc Huzansky that I’m going to show up at one of his gigs and plug my FM9 into the return of his BE to see if he notices.

I’d be really curious if Dave is comparing captures to models and I suspect his interest in the QC may be reallated more to the capture aspect than the modeling.

I keep threatening Marc Huzansky that I’m going to show up at one of his gigs and plug my FM9 into the return of his BE to see if he notices.
Maybe but then a NDSP plugin wouldn't make sense?

Also, you'd be better off endorsing Tone X and IK then.

Who knows! He always seems to have an opinion but don't we all

I think, and this is just a guess, but I think Dave is mostly just talking out of his ass.

I don’t disagree. It’d be cool for him to actually sit down and put one through its paces. Things like that comment about pickup changes not having a difference are not doing a guy who is trusted for his ears/tones any favors.

Back