HX Patch Sharing

Byrdman

Roadie
I thought of this to see if anyone is interested in a thread to share patches, presets, setups, etc. for their HX Gear.

I just got my Stomp XL. Still learning and have a long way to go it seems, but this came to me as something I thought would be cool. Everyone here probably knows a lot more about my gear than I do and plays in bands, and I would definitely be interested in checking out what everyone is doing.

So far everyone here is cool as hell and very proactive with helping each other. Anyone think this is a good idea and want to participate? Or if anyone has something dialed in 90% but just cant get that little bit that's left, the thread could be used as a help or request too.

What you think TGFer's?

Have you checked out any YouTubers you like (if any) that use line 6 products? They often share presets. Line 6 also has a marketplace but most stuff is obviously paid content. Just some thoughts in the meantime while we wait to see if this takes off.

I like the idea though!

You can always ask here but there is also official stuff:

Yes, I have checked out those Line 6 links and think they are great, and I have even used Customtone quite a few times. When I first got my XL, I downloaded a few tones that other's posted to get some tones to tweak on my end with my gear. The problem is that, IMO similar to Tonex and NAM, you have to go through a lot of not so good ones to get some good ones.

What gave me the idea is @Bob Zaod 's post https://thegearforum.com/threads/you-ever-find-and-load-a-really-old-patch-of-yours-and-eureka.2624/ where he says he can use that about preset 80% of the time for what he does. I think it would be cool to check out other's work here, obviously it's a Helix preset, but I could probably break it down into a simpler form to use on my XL as 2-3 presets with 4 snapshots each. Also if he can use that in his band, then it's probably more usable than at least 50% of what is on Customtone or other free preset sites.

Have you checked out any YouTubers you like (if any) that use line 6 products? They often share presets. Line 6 also has a marketplace but most stuff is obviously paid content. Just some thoughts in the meantime while we wait to see if this takes off.

I like the idea though!
Yes, I have checked them out, but being a cheap bastard, usually the ones I really like cost money. I dont have any issues paying for stuff like this, but as a beginner, I really dont want to pay for something I wont ever use. It's the old "I dont know what I dont know yet" deal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes, I have checked out those Line 6 links and think they are great, and I have even used Customtone quite a few times. When I first got my XL, I downloaded a few tones that other's posted to get some tones to tweak on my end with my gear. The problem is that, IMO similar to Tonex and NAM, you have to go through a lot of not so good ones to get some good ones.

What gave me the idea is @Bob Zaod 's post https://thegearforum.com/threads/you-ever-find-and-load-a-really-old-patch-of-yours-and-eureka.2624/ where he says he can use that about preset 80% of the time for what he does. I think it would be cool to check out other's work here, obviously it's a Helix preset, but I could probably break it down into a simpler form to use on my XL as 2-3 presets with 4 snapshots each. Also if he can use that in his band, then it's probably more usable than at least 50% of what is on Customtone or other free preset sites.

Here you go. I just uploaded it.

Yes, I have checked them out, but being a cheap bastard, usually the ones I really like cost money. I dont have any issues paying for stuff like this, but as a beginner, I really dont want to pay for something I wont ever use. It's the old "I dont know what I dont know yet" deal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh for sure. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of it 🙂

HX Stomp Placater Preset (used with Ibanez AZ but sounds okay with a Strat and other HB guitars too). I use this for all things rock and harder:
  • Uses Dua Verde IR from https://bit.ly/alexcab
  • Snap 1 is a pseudo clean using a compressor dropping the level into the amp model.
  • Snap 2 is a light crunch.
  • Snap 3 is a heavy crunch.
  • Cosmos Echo on FS1, TS on FS2, Chorus on FS3, Post-amp level boost (using the merge block) on FS4, Reverb on FS5.

Oh for sure. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of it 🙂

Wow, Thanks guys and you too, @Alex Kenivel (I thought I quoted you too)!! That's what I was hoping for! To see how you guys set up presets and snapshots really helps. Can't wait to check them out.

We are leaving on a family cruise to Mexico tomorrow. The wifely is making sure I'm staying on task today with packing, cleaning, etc. :hmm , so it may be a week or so before I can really dive in.

Thanks again!!

Last edited:
We are leaving on a family cruise to Mexico tomorrow. The wifely is making sure I'm staying on task today with packing, cleaning, etc. :hmm , so it may be a week or so before I can really dive in.

Thanks again!!
Enjoy! I love cruises, did a Mexican cruise in '17. Went to Puerto Vallarta after the hurricanes so I had gone before and after. I have a Hofner Shorty and a Nu-X Mighty Plug for those trips. It'll be camping the week after next for me and later a drive down to southern Cali for a family visit so I'll most likely be able to get away with bringing my Stomp/Boxking.

HX Stomp Placater Preset (used with Ibanez AZ but sounds okay with a Strat and other HB guitars too). I use this for all things rock and harder:
  • Uses Dua Verde IR from https://bit.ly/alexcab
  • Snap 1 is a pseudo clean using a compressor dropping the level into the amp model.
  • Snap 2 is a light crunch.
  • Snap 3 is a heavy crunch.
  • Cosmos Echo on FS1, TS on FS2, Chorus on FS3, Post-amp level boost (using the merge block) on FS4, Reverb on FS5.
Forgot to mention that I have the IR placed last and parallel with no cab. No cab is panned hard right and the IR is panned hard left (or maybe I got it backwards) for running direct and into a SS poweramp at the same time. Dummy plug required if only using one or the other, or simply modify the preset as needed.

Forgot to mention that I have the IR placed last and parallel with no cab. No cab is panned hard right and the IR is panned hard left (or maybe I got it backwards) for running direct and into a SS poweramp at the same time. Dummy plug required if only using one or the other, or simply modify the preset as needed.
I have not got that deep into it yet, but I believe I know what you are doing here. Read about it but not hands on yet that way. I'm running mine into my Catalyst 200 Poweramp side too, so no cab is needed for that, but if I am thinking correctly, maybe the IR will sweeten is up if running direct.
I am in FL so we are on the East Side, Cozumel and Costa Maya. Plan to do some diving and Tequila day drinking:beer I have been on 2 other cruises and wasnt a huge fan, but this time extend family birthday on a nicer ship will change my attitude.

Thanks again!!

I'm running mine into my Catalyst 200 Poweramp side too, so no cab is needed for that, but if I am thinking correctly, maybe the IR will sweeten is up if running direct.
Exactly. I used to keep one of those little headphone adaptors with me in case I wanted to use one or the other if not both. Using just one output sums both no cab and IR signal together so you end up getting 50% IR.

Oh man have I got a story about or last diving excursion! Choppy water right after breakfast, everyone hurling on each other on our way out to the dive site, showers of vomit on my wife from strangers, all the while I'm holding my balance at the free bar getting smashed before the dive.

Back