Help on pricing my rare ENGL Raider 100 to sell

willferox

Hello, I have an ENGL Raider 100 combo here, with a flight case and Z9 switcher. The amp is really rare and I have no idea how much to sell it for. I can't even find prices for previous Raiders that have been sold on Reverb etc. You can still buy them new from Europe for 1799 euros. It's in very good condition. Based in Kent in the UK.

Any steer on price would be helpful. Any interest please message me.

Many thanks,
Will

If you can still buy them new, then they're not really that rare I guess? So I'd look at similar amps in the same price bracket, and then look for their used prices.

I mean, I bought a Diezel VH4 2nd hand in 2018 (iirc) and it cost me £1280. At the time I'm pretty sure it was about £3000 for a brand new one.

So the way I figure it, it isn't uncommon for mid to high end valve amps to cost 40-50% less than what they'd cost new.

Reverb's transaction history for a combo Raider:

1725703158202.png

So I think you're looking somewhere between £650 and £750.

Upon checking, there’s one for sale in France and one in Malaysia. Thanks for your tips - I’ll see how I get on.
I’m just saying, there’s rare due to limited examples of desirable discontinued products, and there’s rare because people just don’t buy them (for whatever reason).

Back