Help me pick a JMP2204 headcab colour

MirrorProfiles

Shredder
88EF9E69-7CF1-4F0C-8A83-6D6AA571980D.jpeg

Leaning towards something like this for my 1979 JMP but with gold piping. Planning on keeping it period correct so it would be this late 70’s pillbox style with plastic corners and the bigger logo.

Not averse to purple, but I think it looks cooler on the older style head cabs (with gold piping rather than white). Not sure I’m brave enough for red but not totally ruled it out. Black on green could be cool even though it’s slightly less traditional. Not totally against standard black, but my 2203 is already like that and it’d be cool to differentiate them a bit.

Any suggestions/favourites?

My only problem with purple is this:

View attachment 6032
looks much better than this:

View attachment 6033

Same goes for red. Gold piping, small font and no corners just suits the colours better to me. I haven’t totally ruled purple out though.

When I see the red ones with thick white piping I just think of this:

View attachment 6034
Fair enough on the Heinz57 signature edition... speaking of, maybe you could collab with French's on a Mustard Yellow tolex?

I'm quite partial to a dark green myself.

Don't know if many of you are familiar with Dr. Dan Amps based in Nova Scotia? He loves taking photos of his heads on the beach near where he lives. Anyway, he has some great examples of different coloured tolex M-style amps on his Instagram (includes green!) :

Dan is a genuinely lovely guy, BTW.

Back