G'day + weird Marshall cab + 1969 Super Lead

ZEN Amps

Hi all - Anton from Zen Amps here. I'm new to this board so thought I'd say hi from sunny Sydney. I see some familiar faces already (well names).

With that out of the way I should probably post about some gear. This pair is relatively new - a late 1969 Marshall Super Lead with a tall 70's cab. Nice combo, loud as hell but good loud, and I don't think there's a cooler pairing in the house.

That's all, happy Sunday and I look forward to talking gear with you degenerates gentlemen.

Marshall 2609 main.jpg

Get those tubes warming up, I'll be right over!

Nice to see you here :D
LT if that's you then yes, come on down anytime. But if you're the guy that lent us that vintage JTM45 then you're not welcome back. Ever.

So much for Zen being equated with minimalism. :rofl

Love it. Can I rent out that room for an hour?? :love
I don't know what you and @HomespunEffects are thinking of doing in there, but I have an uneasy feeling for some reason.

As for minimalism, one must reframe his thoughts to align with his goals. For example, in the vault there is minimal (or zero):
- unhappiness
- poor tone
- lack of choice
- SPL restrictions
- responsibilities
- bad vibes
- 1x12 cabs
- Katanas

The mighty Zen Amps…

Where’s Monster Truck?) -with the Rolex?
(The guy who rocks the Bonnamassa Gold Top)
J/k!!
Y’all have the best clips format on the internet.
Also, I called it, there’s two dudes on your payroll
I’ll gladly steal & start a band with.
Aussies secret weapons..

If you really think about it..Americans & Australians are of the same cloth….with the Brits🎯
Being locked up on an entire country sized prison.
Alcatraz was modeled after Australia btw.
Cheers for YEARS my dude’s down under🤘🏻

Last edited:
LT if that's you then yes, come on down anytime. But if you're the guy that lent us that vintage JTM45 then you're not welcome back. Ever.

I don't know what you and @HomespunEffects are thinking of doing in there, but I have an uneasy feeling for some reason.

As for minimalism, one must reframe his thoughts to align with his goals. For example, in the vault there is minimal (or zero):
- unhappiness
- poor tone
- lack of choice
- SPL restrictions
- responsibilities
- bad vibes
- 1x12 cabs
- Katanas
Maybe “the vault” needs a dark side?
Like a Felder/Walsh battle for the killer lead..

The mighty Zen Amps…

Where’s Monster Truck?) -with the Rolex?
(The guy who rocks the Bonnamassa Gold Top)
J/k!!
Y’all have the best clips format on the internet.
Also, I called it, there’s two dudes on your payroll
I’ll gladly steal & start a band with.
Aussies secret weapons..

If you really think about it..Americans & Australians are of the same cloth….with the Brits🎯
Being locked up on an entire country sized prison.
Alcatraz was modeled after Australia btw.
Cheers for YEARS my dude’s down under🤘🏻
The parts of this I understand, cheers!

The rest I'll come back to after some deeper reflection, and intense deciphering :unsure:

NGL, my eye keeps going here too..

View attachment 24114
Interesting story on that Hiwatt. Well, if techs poking around in amps is your idea of a good time. Picked it up recently (used, but it's a 2023 build) and it sounded kinda shitty - turns out it had a wiring error direct from Hiwatt:

But what are your eyes saying

The parts of this I understand, cheers!

The rest I'll come back to after some deeper reflection, and intense deciphering :unsure:

Interesting story on that Hiwatt. Well, if techs poking around in amps is your idea of a good time. Picked it up recently (used, but it's a 2023 build) and it sounded kinda shitty - turns out it had a wiring error direct from Hiwatt:

Awesome I appreciate it!!

Back