Garageband Noob on iPhone, your thoughts?

richey88

Groupie
Hey there! So am in a limited situation these days. Been fooling around with GB, having the best luck tracking guitars by using the onboard ‘direct box’ in bass amps with my new TCE Combo Deluxe (tried the audio recorder, didn’t like the sound as much, am I doing something wrong?). Adding onboard effects to taste. Don’t have a bass at the moment and struggling with bass lines too (slowing way down for specific parts, what a drag! If it’s just an idea am finding the best auto play and it’s okay. Have some tunes I want to record and the bass is specific.

Any tips are appreciated, of limited resources here, thanks!!!

I think as long as you are recording to a phone your options and production value will be extremely limited. You dont need a lot of money to get acceptable demo quality stuff, but it does take a few bucks. Not sure an iPhone will do it. Do you own a computer?

For a little over 100 bucks, these 2 pieces or similar would get you far better results IMO.

Thanks! No computer at the moment…..using the iRig 2 HD to get the guitar in (may look into the Behrinder for vocals). I see an adapter that has an SD card too, might be a good way to back up song files (?). Appreciate the help!

Last edited:
Back