G3 tour stops in Az tonight!

Sleezy E

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Hyped!

Last G3 show I saw was w/ Petrucci in 2001.

I'm sure most know that this year is the original lineup, Satriana, Vai and Johnson.

I took my dad to the show in 2001 and Vai just blew him away... and he couldn't stop laughing at the fan next to Vai's floor monitor.

I'm bringing my old man again tonight. He's only a year older than Johnson, crazy.

So excite!
sacha baron cohen party hard GIF

Enjoy!!!!!

I wish that tour were coming over here, I just get Satch/Vai at the end of next month with no EJ!

I heard Satch’s son is doing a whole G3 documentary that’ll be out in about a year from now, interviewing everyone who has ever been a part of it.

That's awesome! Hope it's a great show, and very cool you get to take your dad.

Vai opened the ‘96 shows, too. He was all stoked about opening with ”There’s A Fire In The House” from Fire Garden and ya know, it definitely worked on me.

This was about a month after I saw him.

Right at 1:05, that was the birth of my Whammy pedal addiction. I just remember it being loud as hell, we just had Adrian Legg out there doing his beautiful fingerstyle/tuning while playing stuff, then that at a stupid volume. I had only been playing 2.5 years and had no clue what could be making that sound, EJ and Gilmour were the only guys I was really into at that point and they definitely didn’t make any sounds like that, or anything close to what I witnessed over the next 45 minutes.

I skipped school the next day, raided my uncle’s guitar mag collection for every Vai interview I could find and have been a Vai nut ever since.

Jesus, he blew two rigs in 10 minutes.

That's a bummer, man. You see the pilot light on the Legacy shut off right after the audio cuts out, I wonder if it was some nasty power on stage taking shit out? Also interesting that he's got the backup Fryette but for whatever reason just went to a backup mono rig.

I saw pics last night and saw the Legacy head onstage, I just figured he was close enough to home that he brought them out for shits and giggles.

If anyone was wondering...

Vai:
Avalancha
Little Pretty
Tender Surrender
Zeus in Chains
Teeth of the Hydra
For the Love of God

Johnson:
Land of 1000 Dances
Righteous
Trail of Tears