First World Problem Thread-Voice Your Struggle

Steinmetzify

Roadie
Had a fairly productive day yesterday, then got a text from a bud that a beer I love is back in stock.

For some unknown reason my wife took my car, took the keys to hers, and the only thing left to drive was the fuckin Tahoe.

No 3.0 turbo driving for me; took forever to get to the liquor store and back.

What keeps you down on a day to day?

People pissing and moaning who have no legit right to do so. ;)

Seriously, I am grateful for not getting shot at, not being addicted to some kind of substance,
having a house paid for, food in the fridge, an healthy family and friends, a band to play in,
and cool gear to enjoy. I am blessed, and have no right to bitch given where else I could be in
life. Privilege is just luck of the draw, depending on where you are born, and to whom.

That said, I could be yelling at clouds tomorrow. :unsure: :crazy

I’ve had stuff, and I’ve had none…

It’s kind of all relative and irrelevant at the same time.

The most meaningful thing to me lately has been kids/relationships. “Meeting” all y’all is a blast!

👍❤️🙏

(Also haz’ a 3.8L TT ragtop stress reorientation device)

I’ve had stuff, and I’ve had none…

It’s kind of all relative and irrelevant at the same time.

The most meaningful thing to me lately has been kids/relationships. “Meeting” all y’all is a blast!

👍❤️🙏

(Also haz’ a 3.8L TT ragtop stress reorientation device)

Yep! I have had to rebuild my life 3 times. Twice with a wife in tow that could have bailed on me and went to her well off parents, but she didn't. I didn't have to ask her to stay either. Now we are doing well. Homeowners with a paid off house, a wife that worships the ground I walk on (and I hers) and all the music gear I can deal with. I am in 3 bands and 2 of them with my wife as the lead singer. I have 5 grandkids and am set up pretty good for retirement...I hope. I digress that last part is for another thread in another forum.

Not to bring anybody down… But that robot in the other thread is about when I’ve lost my career for a couple of years… Lost a lot, and had to rebuild everything. And I mean everything.

Fortunately the universe is very generous.

That was the second time in my life. I relate well.

tank lid is on the right side on my work car.
tank lid is on the left side on my wife’s (our) car.

Makes me want to punish both cars with foot. I kicked the tire a few times, to hurt myself more than the car… because I would feel guilty as hell if I hurt the car… As if it was a person or something.

Wife’s bday last week; she got a lot of stuff as she has 3 groups of friends.

Was doing dishes and she was sitting at the counter opening stuff, and one of her friends got her a grab bag. A candle, bottle of perfume she likes, and a disposable vape pen.

She hits it, says it tastes like trash, hands it to me and I take like 5 big rips off it and agree.

Goes to our daughter and asks if she wants it, and she says “no thanks, I don’t like weed pens.”

Both of us look at each other and grab the box. Sure enough, disposable sativa pen.

We are now both stoned as fuck as neither of us smokes weed.

Was doing dishes and she was sitting at the counter opening stuff, and one of her friends got her a grab bag. A candle, bottle of perfume she likes, and a disposable vape pen.

She hits it, says it tastes like trash, hands it to me and I take like 5 big rips off it and agree.

Goes to our daughter and asks if she wants it, and she says “no thanks, I don’t like weed pens.”

Both of us look at each other and grab the box. Sure enough, disposable sativa pen.

We are now both stoned as f**k as neither of us smokes weed.
Kewl dude!
That's funny. :rofl

I ordered banana pancakes and an iced coffee via Doordash the other day while I was in a meeting... working from home.

Phone notification says it’s been delivered. Meeting ends. Mouth is watering for DEM SWEET SWEET PANCAKES! :banana

Open my door. Bring in delivery from doorstep. IT’S A F’ING MEDITERRANEAN PANINI AND NO COFFEE!

My day was ruined and my disappointment was immeasurable. :hmm

I ordered banana pancakes and an iced coffee via Doordash the other day while I was in a meeting... working from home.

Phone notification says it’s been delivered. Meeting ends. Mouth is watering for DEM SWEET SWEET PANCAKES! :banana

Open my door. Bring in delivery from doorstep. IT’S A F’ING MEDITERRANEAN PANINI AND NO COFFEE!

That kind of stuff pisses me off, LOL.

it’s like “you had ONE job!!”

That kind of stuff pisses me off, LOL.

it’s like “you had ONE job!!”

It's our own damn fault for also making a waiter or waitress drive the food to us. :LOL:

That's just too many variables. It's hard enough when you go into a place and sit down
and order and don't involve transportation. Probably 50/50 in that case. Next level is doing
take-out and picking it up yourself. your odds of a good experience fall. Having it delivered
is just begging for the food shitshow to arrive on your porch. ;)

Dude, I can’t even begin to tell you how many times stuff like this has happened. I ordered Uber Eats every night for 9 months straight and then cut it back to just 1-4x a week because I’m just throwing money away. I’m quite familiar with the Report An Issue process in the app. I’ve gotten food from completely different restaurants before.

Sometimes it works out in my favor; a couple weeks ago the guy dropped off two giant bags when I only ordered one thing. I ran to the parking lot but he just shrugged and got in his car (I don’t think he spoke English) so I check the bags and it’s a bunch of stuff I had never tried from a Mexican joint, I loved everything and I got it for free because I didn’t get my order. I ate that stuff for like 2 days. :ROFLMAO:

Dude, I can’t even begin to tell you how many times stuff like this has happened. I ordered Uber Eats every night for 9 months straight and then cut it back to just 1-4x a week because I’m just throwing money away. I’m quite familiar with the Report An Issue process in the app. I’ve gotten food from completely different restaurants before.

Sometimes it works out in my favor; a couple weeks ago the guy dropped off two giant bags when I only ordered one thing. I ran to the parking lot but he just shrugged and got in his car (I don’t think he spoke English) so I check the bags and it’s a bunch of stuff I had never tried from a Mexican joint, I loved everything and I got it for free because I didn’t get my order. I ate that stuff for like 2 days. :ROFLMAO:
Well now I have to keep ordering until I win the taco lottery too! It’s like my own personal Powerball! I won’t stop until I have avenged my undelivered pancakes!

Well now I have to keep ordering until I win the taco lottery too! It’s like my own personal Powerball! I won’t stop until I have avenged my undelivered pancakes!

I redeemed 3500 points a few months back and I’m still sitting at-

81893343-81F2-4C94-A6BB-39CDC335E35D.jpg

(For every $1 you spend on Uber/Uber Eats you get one point…..I‘ve spent maybe $60 on Uber rides in the last year, the rest is food :rofl )

ok...this is partially off topic but isn't really a first world problem for most of the people out there...anyway...

My beloved cover band I had to leave last year because I've relocated in a new town, today will have the first rehearsal since spring 2020 and that's not the whole story. The previous drummer, our favourite, is back in town and back in the band.
Basically the dream team is together again minus myself.

I'm really happy for them but I'm sad I can't be part of the fun and joy.

They are back in business while I don't even have a shitty band to play with.

ok...this is partially off topic but isn't really a first world problem for most of the people out there...anyway...

My beloved cover band I had to leave last year because I've relocated in a new town, today will have the first rehearsal since spring 2020 and that's not the whole story. The previous drummer, our favourite, is back in town and back in the band.
Basically the dream team is together again minus myself.

I'm really happy for them but I'm sad I can't be part of the fun and joy.

They are back in business while I don't even have a shitty band to play with.
That's a real life sad problem, not a petty banana pancakes problem! Sorry man, that is understandably a bummer. :(

tank lid is on the right side on my work car.
tank lid is on the left side on my wife’s (our) car.

Makes me want to punish both cars with foot. I kicked the tire a few times, to hurt myself more than the car… because I would feel guilty as hell if I hurt the car… As if it was a person or something.
17A700F7-E6C6-416F-BB8D-D8C7BFE4F70A.png

“Never forget”

We are now both stoned as f**k as neither of us smokes weed.
:rofl:rofl:rofl

Back