EJ and Batteries

Achilles

Rock Star
Electrical juice and car batteries. :rimshot Two times now my SUV has sat long enough for the battery to need a jump. My wife has a 4 cylinder Ford Focus and both times it just couldn't do the job. Starter would click over and over but not enough juice was getting through to kick it over. $20 jumper cables even got pretty hot. Both times AAA showed up and got it immediately started with a mini jumper. Not sure how reliable Popular Mechanics is these days but this is their #1 pick and it's currently only $100 on Amazon. Done deal.

Nice! Something like that is an essential piece of kit here in the sub-Arctic! :beer

I got one of these for my campus because people are always asking us for jumps or to help with a flat tire. The one I got has an air compressor, battery charger and jump starter. I was filling up someone’s tires one day when the owner of my company was going to his car, asked me what it was then told me to order 20 more. I was still new at the time and just did what I was told, figuring he was going to give him to his family or something, but nope, everyone in the company got one when they showed up.

No real reason outside of “It seems like a smart thing to have in your car”

It's killer with a fuzz face.
200.gif

I can’t remember if it’s alkaline or non-alkaline that’s supposed to work better with fuzzes, but I bought a pack of whatever ones are supposed to work with fuzzes better and the only thing I’ve noticed is that they die faster.

Electrical juice and car batteries. :rimshot Two times now my SUV has sat long enough for the battery to need a jump. My wife has a 4 cylinder Ford Focus and both times it just couldn't do the job. Starter would click over and over but not enough juice was getting through to kick it over. $20 jumper cables even got pretty hot. Both times AAA showed up and got it immediately started with a mini jumper. Not sure how reliable Popular Mechanics is these days but this is their #1 pick and it's currently only $100 on Amazon. Done deal.

NOCO Lithium jumpers. Most are reasonably sized, unless you have a 1 Ton or larger vehicle - those get a bit large.

Back