Does Cat Stevens let one rip in Wild World?

Fart or “And?”

• Fart

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • “And”

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
giphy.gif

Hahahah Orvie is right, that same sound is the basis of 80% of all the screaming vocals you’ve ever heard.

Usually you hear it on the end of notes and some teachers refer to it as ‘dumping’ as it tends to happen as you’re releasing a note but still have some gas in the tank (pun intended). I think I may have heard it referred to as a ‘swoop’ when it’s on the onset of a line.

BREAKINGwindNEWS...

Just when you think something has become stale or 'died up in there'... suddenly you can be hit with a fresh whiff that'll make your nose hairs curl. That is exactly what happened early morning Wednesday, when a 54 yr. old gem was discovered seemingly hiding right under our noses. The hit song 'Wild World' by Cat Stevens, who now goes by the name Yusuf, apparently had a guest fart at the 1:50 mark. Sources who were in the studio that scorching summer of '70 have confirmed this rumor, which had been recently floating around since the album's producer released his tell-all book about the recording sessions. Some skeptics have called the wet sound 'vocal fry', 'fret buzz', or possibly a pet frog that Yusuf liked to keep as a good luck charm when recording. His name was Stinky ironically (RIP). But those skeptic musings can finally be laid to rest based on the head mix engineer's recollection on that day...

"Yeah, it was a hot day in the studio, and we were really hungry from hours of takes. Cat, I mean Yusuf, liked to work long hours so we'd just have cans of food like Spam and Beanie Weenies sitting around to munch on. I grabbed the Spam, and Cat, I mean Yusuf, grabbed the Beanie Weenies and gobbled 'em up. Shortly thereafter we did a one and only take for Wild World. I wanted to do another take because of the brown sound slip but Cat, I mean Yusuf, scurried to the bathroom real quick like and we didn't see him for an hour. The rest is history man."

And there you have it folks... the fart heard around the world, literally. We've invited Cat, now Yusuf, to speak but he has declined claiming a scheduling conflict. Very early critics of the song at its release in July of 1970, said Wild World 'stunk' and that Cat, now Yusuf, was just 'tooting his own horn' with the crafty lyrics. Apparently they were more right then they could have ever imagined. Ewww baby, it's a Wild World... Indeed.

Now we go to Chuck for the weather...

BREAKINGwindNEWS...

Just when you think something has become stale or 'died up in there'... suddenly you can be hit with a fresh whiff that'll make your nose hairs curl. That is exactly what happened early morning Wednesday, when a 54 yr. old gem was discovered seemingly hiding right under our noses. The hit song 'Wild World' by Cat Stevens, who now goes by the name Yusuf, apparently had a guest fart at the 1:50 mark. Sources who were in the studio that scorching summer of '70 have confirmed this rumor, which had been recently floating around since the album's producer released his tell-all book about the recording sessions. Some skeptics have called the wet sound 'vocal fry', 'fret buzz', or possibly a pet frog that Yusuf liked to keep as a good luck charm when recording. His name was Stinky ironically (RIP). But those skeptic musings can finally be laid to rest based on the head mix engineer's recollection on that day...

"Yeah, it was a hot day in the studio, and we were really hungry from hours of takes. Cat, I mean Yusuf, liked to work long hours so we'd just have cans of food like Spam and Beanie Weenies sitting around to munch on. I grabbed the Spam, and Cat, I mean Yusuf, grabbed the Beanie Weenies and gobbled 'em up. Shortly thereafter we did a one and only take for Wild World. I wanted to do another take because of the brown sound slip but Cat, I mean Yusuf, scurried to the bathroom real quick like and we didn't see him for an hour. The rest is history man."

And there you have it folks... the fart heard around the world, literally. We've invited Cat, now Yusuf, to speak but he has declined claiming a scheduling conflict. Very early critics of the song at its release in July of 1970, said Wild World 'stunk' and that Cat, now Yusuf, was just 'tooting his own horn' with the crafty lyrics. Apparently they were more right then they could have ever imagined. Ewww baby, it's a Wild World... Indeed.

Now we go to Chuck for the weather...
F'in HILARIOUS Dude! Do you work for the Onion? If not, they could use your talent ;~))

Back