Do Something - Season Two - Week One!

Thank you!

Do you normally double bass in this manner?

I always struggle with bass, as a non-bass player. (New appreciation for bass) I always feel like the bass sounds to plucky, like there is too much pick attack bleeding in to the track, so I end up tracking it with less energy and aggression so it doesn’t sound too plucky. (Which probably makes it too non-distinct and muddy)
Yeah, I like to bring the bass out in a mix at times. If the song is `slow` or moody then I might not do it, but in the chorus maybe. By copying the DI track you could just mix it back in a bit at the parts you would like to.
Try it out sometime
I play more guitar then bass, but on my songs I need to play bass too.. I think I play more BassGuitar then Bass
I get what you say about less energy, but this is why I like to have 2 tracks so I have a Bass ( with less high eq and just lots of lows ) and a track with less bass, and maybe some grit of plunk string sound.
But I guess you have to like it (y)
I love Justin from Tool, his bass flongs and is wirey and sometimes its all this with a fuzz on top. He uses one clean amp and one dirty amp an a clean preamp for the DI and it sounds huge. Old Deftones tunes dont have this at all its all Bass bass. I like it, so I guess if you try it ... and like it
I think your demos sounds good as you did them

An oldy but a goody ( dont need to be this dirty )

Last edited:
Back