Do Something - Season Four - Week Jackson 5!

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Welcome to Week JACKSON 5!!!!

giphy.gif

The sheer number of music careers launched in the early 70s by kids intrinsically inspired by five brothers whose father essentially pimped them out to Hollywood to support his drinking habit is just... ROCK AND ROLL!!!

"I joined my first band because I wanted to be like Mike" GG Allin... maybe...

Want to be "that rockstar"?

8e986595-dd5e-4eeb-8975-0c596eb8fe0b_text.gif

What did I tell you? Stop looking behind the curtain... it just ruins things when you find out how sausage is made. Especially if you're already having an intimate spiritual experience with said sausage.

Wait... what?

source.gif

ANYHOOOOOoooo...

giphy.gif

So, yeah...

WEINTERUPTTHISBROADCASTFORANEMERGENCYMESSAGEFROMTHEDOSOMETHINGCHALLENGENETWORK!!

Despite last week's inoculation against
slackerness, the combined might of TGF - all (insert however many members TGF has... at least 4 maybe 5?) Week FIRE! brought the lowest submission rate in the millennia of storied Do Something Challenges! This tragic trend has potentially fatal, far-reaching implications the likes of which have not been seen since last Thursday! All the other forums dedicated to mindless-music-gear-sh!tposting-so-you-dont-have-to-work are counting on us to keep this thing alive! Think of the children! And the baby seals! And the baby seal children!

images

Regular weekly/bi-weekly challenge:

@fretworn - 1
@PLX - 5!!!
@Iron1 - 4
@Whizzinby - 3
@FuzzyAce - 2
Alex Kenivel - 2
@Desertdweller - 1

@woody - 1
@Sleezy E - 2
@Will Chen - 1
(doesn't really count, but participation trophy is a thing...)
@Moondog Wily - 1

@norminal - 1

That's 24 pieces of music that didn't exist prior to this challenge season. Way to go!

The rest of TGF combined:

200w.gif

TGF Do Something Season Four BANDMATE CHAMPION:

>crickets<
(Some collabs are simmering, but nada yet...)

Ok, time to get going with Week Jackson FIVE!

b5791515-4e84-4156-b305-b520d3de7c05_text.gif

Congrats to all who have participated already!
For all the rules, reasons why @PLX is STILL running away with Season Four even though he joined the ranks of slackers last week, why Corporate Rock is the walk up music of parasitic vultures, intellectual debate discussing what to add if you ever buy dehydrated water, how anyone can sleep at night knowing the lack of submissions is threatening the very existence of baby laser sharks, and when exactly Keith Richards will turn out the lights as the last human left, please refer to the Week WON thread. Some assembly required. Prolonged use may result in drowsiness, sleeplessness, self loathing, megalomania or a desire to be like Mike. Your mileage may vary.

Here is "SUAPYG 1698405071" that I did a few days ago with some cajon kickin' and me just noodling on cowboy chords. I do this as a warm up and/or preset testing which is me just playing through the 8 scenes in my current preset (I sometimes call it 8 Growls with each of the 8 scenes being a different growl of course) ;~)) So this is very similar in style (and name) to my entry from a couple of weeks ago, but with a new preset and some cajon kickin'! Anybody want to take a guess at what SUAPYG is an acronym for?

SUAPYG_02_2023Oct29.jpg

Didn't want to feel left out of the blast of new tracks and had a free hour this morning. Then, my mouse died halfway thru recording this, so had to cut it way short in the production/arrangement phase... hence the name.

Back