Dilemma (Fractal ot tubes)

Allexi

Groupie
I work from home and usually have some free time daily. Given my daily routine with shorter playing sessions ranging from 30 minutes to an hour, I'm torn between the convenience of digital modeling options like the FM3 or even Axe-Fx3 and the enjoyment I get from playing my EVH 5153 50w or Mesa Mark VII via reactive loads. Should I lean towards the quick setup of digital options, considering I recently sold my FM3 (and regret it, but funded a nice old Warwick Corvette 5 in mint condition), or stick to playing with my tube amps despite potential inconvenience and concerns (may be dumb reasons) about frequent switch on/off or leaving them on for longer periods? What is your daily routine?

PS: I’m not switching or anything. On weekends I can spend hours with my amps. It is just my luxury of having my time during the day and willing to spend it strictly noodling on a guitar

before:
0C14D380-0CA7-48A2-BCEA-DFE4601FD957.jpeg

after:
CC79A690-880F-43E2-8409-524B8FD8F4DC.jpeg

Last edited:
Sometimes, less (options) is more, especially if one is hoping for noodling sessions to turn into structured and focussed practice sessions.

During such dilemmas I usually try and follow the "21 day acceptance routine", where I focus on "accepting and embracing" my CURRENT gear situation, and remind myself that it is the reality that I made for myself and that I have to commit to it.. at least for 21 days. If I still feel GAS after the 21 days, I reevaluate, and try and repeat the exercise.

Back