Digitech gsp 2101 intermittent fault

robrg655

Hi all.right my gsp 2101 has a intermittent fault,the volume keeps going low/off once off doesn't come back on for a while.next day it works fine for hours maybe couple days then volume starts acting up again.ive searched Internet,some people say battery and tubes need replacing,somone else says the volume pot inside unit is dusty needs spray contact cleaner or pot replacing.anyone here got any ideas ?.cheers boys&girls.

Could be one or more internal components are drifting out of spec when the unit heats up. That might explain why it works for a while when using it on a following day after experiencing the volume drop.

If there is an excessive amount of dust inside the unit, opening it up and blowing it out with compressed air may help minimize heat accumulation and potentially have a positive influence on the unit's reliability.

Of course this is entirely speculative

:beer

Could be one or more internal components are drifting out of spec when the unit heats up. That might explain why it works for a while when using it on a following day after experiencing the volume drop.

If there is an excessive amount of dust inside the unit, opening it up and blowing it out with compressed air may help minimize heat accumulation and potentially have a positive influence on the unit's reliability.

Of course this is entirely speculative

OK bud nice one,it's going to a store today they going have a look at it,it's very old 1992 I think this unit was made but I love it and don't want change to anything else

OK bud nice one,it's going to a store today they going have a look at it,it's very old 1992 I think this unit was made but I love it and don't want change to anything else
Hopefully it's something simple and they can sort you out.

Now you must answer the obligatory initiation question. How do you like your pickles, sweet or dill?

Welcome to the forum.

Don't think I've ever tried pickles lol and thanks ☺️
Season 11 Friends GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

I've spoken to guy who's fixing my 2101,he said he's changed battery and cleaned the inside as it was full of dust,says its working great and doesn't know why volume is dropping off,says the tubes are in good working condition aswell

Back