Danzig 1 tone

pipelineaudio

Shredder
I saw pumpkin head do a video on this album, but it didn't seem to specify much.

I'm really intrigued by this section where the highs seem so smooth and almost clean. I was reminded of it by @James Freeman's 800 preset. But there's still plenty of gain here for artificial harmonics.

Anyone have tone secrets here?

I never thought there was unobtanium in John Christ's tone. Whatever he actually used, it sounded like a Plexi-ish, AC/DC-adjacent tone with not a ton of amp gain.

That's the same conclusion this guy came to (should be replicable on pretty much any top-tier modeler):

That was the pumpkin head video i was talking about

The signal chain is in the description, and I doubt B/M/T values would be of much use to you as that's highly dependent on your guitar and pickups. Even John Christ in that interview said that swapping his pickups before recording made a big difference.

My advice is to start with a Plexi model with everything at 6 going into a good 4x12 Creamback/Greenback IR, then tweak from there. Maybe add Schaffer-esque clean boost in front to really goose it....

Back