Custom Digital Pedal?

deadpool_25

Roadie
So I have an idea for a custom digital pedal. It's a delay/reverb/mod kinda thing. Ideally some existing company would just make it but maybe there's a way to get it made as a one-off from someone. How would you go about getting something like that off the ground.

I’ve heard Cusack builds pedals for other companies. Maybe they’d do it. I have a friend who does software and every now and then dabbles in hardware for his own projects. His company is Sonosaurus.

What about finding an EE professor at a local community college? And, maybe he could put you in touch with other people...

Phil's Lab is a great resource for DIY audio DSP stuff

If you're not doing it yourself though I can imagine it's going to be a lengthy and expensive process for a one off.

A lot of boutique pedal companies adopted the Spin FV-1 processor to build their effects, but it has a bunch of limitations and is unlikely to work well if your idea is to do delay, reverb and mod all at once.

Experimental Noize FXCore seems like a potential successor.

Here's a good thread on the subject: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/is-the-spin-fv-1-stigma-deserved.2522026/

In any case I'd say it's not easy to make it happen if you are not a DSP programmer yourself and willing to spend a lot of time fiddling with the dev kit of whatever platform.

Could you just make it happen in an HX Stomp? I’ve found that with the routing options in there I’ve been able to accomplish several non traditional things.

Back