Cleans Sound Distorted

Outputs on FM9 Hardware are at max FM edit block out is at 0Db
I have output 1 going to my interface, level at 50%. Output is at +4 and my interface channel is around 40%? Turn output 1 knob down a bit and see how that treats you. You're going to blow up the powercab :rofl

Personally, if I ever see that Amp Block output level even getting close to the negative side of zero (-3 dB for example).. I get VERY suspicious that something is not correctly set up in the signal chain. +3 dB would set off huge alarm bells for me.

As an example, I run the Band Commander as my main amp most of the time, and the output level rarely gets above -12 dB

Last edited:
Personally, if I ever see that Amp Block output level even getting close to the negative side of zero (-3 dB for example).. I get VERY suspicious that something is not correctly set up in the signal chain. +3 dB would set off huge alarm bells for me.

As an example, I too run the Band Commander as my main amp most of the time, and the output level rarely gets above -12 dB
My PowerCabs levels were too low Fractal does not treat Output same as my Helix did but all good Now

My PowerCabs levels were too low Fractal does not treat Output same as my Helix did but all good Now

Understood. I was just trying to make a related (helpful?) comment that this is one thing to be aware of when setting levels in general.

Do you use the preset levelling tool?

I use the -10 Pad religiously so I never have to worry about me doing something stupid with levels. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
@Stone FYI I almost always run my levels around -12 (which is default), sometimes with quiet amps it goes up as high as -6 or with loud amps it may go down to -18.

Looks like you solved the issue but wanted to give a data point!
Yes thanks for the Input, as I said the in and out work different form the Helix i just assumed it worked the same, My Helix Vol Knob was always at 10 and then I adjusted in the software here on the FM9 putting the Volume at 10 on the device itself is def a no no :LOL:

Again thanks all for the Input and help
Best place in all Forums :chef

Last edited:
FWIW; I think the FAS stuff is THE MOST sensitive to all these options for level setting. AFA optimizing your gain staging goes. It's also why for me finding that magical SS power amp that gets the f out of the way for FMwtever has always been a challenge for me.

Back