Christie’s Inc.: The Mark Knopfler Guitar Collection

That moss green Guild Starfire II is pretty dope.

I would be in that auction in a jiffy...if I was a millionaire. It's a shame that many of these will probably go in some collectors vault rather than getting played.

I'll take the picking hand. Mark Knopfler got me into fingerstyle playing. And Strats for that matter.

That moss green Guild Starfire II is pretty dope.

I would be in that auction in a jiffy...if I was a millionaire. It's a shame that many of these will probably go in some collectors vault rather than getting played.

I'll take the picking hand. Mark Knopfler got me into fingerstyle playing. And Strats for that matter.

Depends on how much of the collection Jim Irsay picks up. Gilmour's Black Strat still gets some action publicly, which is pretty cool-

Heard Kenny Wayne Shepherd talking about how cool he thought being allowed to play that Strat was in an interview on the radio last week:

7 minutes in: he gets to play it as part of an all-star band for free gigs

[Registration required to listen]

All those guitars looked to be dead mint, too. That ‘59 Burst will fetch some coin, same as that Pensa that EMG used for ads for years.

Interestingly it's a Schecter.
afaik the First Outfield record was tracked more or less exclusively with a Schecter Tele and a JCM 800.

Yes, those Schecter Teles from that era were very nice. I'm still wanting a Pete Townshed model from the same timeframe someday.

Back