Chord Spreadsheet

Moondog Wily

Roadie
TGF Recording Artist
Sorry, this did not format properly when I pasted the link so I took the link out because when it is displayed here it does not look right. So to stop it from formatting and displaying improperly, the spreadsheet, I am going to use a "link" here that hopefully does not get formatted by the forum software into a link. You should be able to copy and paste this link into your browser window. If you have any troubles, let me know what they are.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BYg1u_isjGmgj2_ocaebI3N_CgxM8Yuo9u0BLVUw3Jc/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Chords in TAB mode are usually shown the other way around:
E1
B2
G3
D4
A5
E6

I also think there's some rather weird voicings. I mean, how are you going to play this?
x
x
Or in standard TAB:
x
x

And TBH, it's also a pretty wild mix of open position chords, strange namings and what not, so I don't really see the purpose of it, sorry.

Chords in TAB mode are usually shown the other way around:
E1
B2
G3
D4
A5
E6

I also think there's some rather weird voicings. I mean, how are you going to play this?
x
x
Or in standard TAB:
x
x

And TBH, it's also a pretty wild mix of open position chords, strange namings and what not, so I don't really see the purpose of it, sorry.
All good and thanks for your feedback. I grabbed the info off the net and just put in a spreadsheet and formatted it to make it more usable (for my purposes and anyone else who finds value in it). I thought the very first entry was kind of odd because AFIK, that should be A/E considering it is an A chord with an added E in the lowest note. BTW, I think "standard" tab is one of the dumbest ideas ever with the upside down string order structure. In my opinion, all tab should be structured in the order that the strings are ordered on the guitar. The theories I have heard on why it is not that way are 1. Because people look at the fretboard from above so the strings look upside down so the tab should reflect that view and 2. They wanted it to be similar to true music notation, with the low tone notes at the bottom and higher tone notes as you rise. Neither argument convinces me that I should have to vertically transpose the notation as I am playing and I therefore spend a lot of time on any tab I download in rearranging it to my liking. Maybe there is some other reason that can convince me otherwise and if you know of any, please serve it up. With notation in EADGBe order (top to bottom), it looks just like the strings of the guitar in the order they are on the guitar, and that is what I want. Others mileage may vary!

I love Mr. Franck, what you have been doing on the "jazz" thread! Thank you for the comprehensive instructions there on the chord structures/soloing and how to get your head around them. I really appreciate the efforts you have put in there (and of course, your efforts in reviewing this thread)! I will comment over there as well once the lesson seems to be complete ;~))

BTW, I think "standard" tab is one of the dumbest ideas ever with the upside down string order structure.

But that's exactly how you view your fretboard from above (as a right handed person). Also, it's got centuries of tradition, so I guess it's too late to change it.
As you like it, it's more as if you were looking into a mirror. Which certainly could have it's purposes, but then, as said, this is one of the things that will never ever change again.

Back