Cheap Plug-In Hardware Alert! TC 8210 Reverb and Controller for $33!

DrewJD82

Staff member

I just installed this and it's f*cking great, I can't believe this is only $33! It's on sale right now, not sure how long that's going to last for, but this won't be the last hardware controller plug-in I get from TC, they have a few. I put it on a drum buss just to hear the reverb by itself and it's outstanding. I've been strictly in the box the entire time I've been recording outside of guitar stuff, it's really cool having this hybrid thing going on.

iu

Looks cool, I wish these were available in the UK at this price.

Seems like the algo’s are like a modern take on a TC REVERB 4000. Curious how they stack up against VSS3 and VSS4HD.

Been demoing a few TC plugins recently, Brickwall HD has some nice features and I like the clipping algos

No offense, but it seems kinda gimmicky.

It's an "in the box" reverb with a USB dongle.. meh.

The controller is a gimmick for sure but it’s entirely optional and doesn’t act as a dongle (on release it was like that but they’ve since changed this).

TC reverbs are legendary and pre Music Tribe, they were creating truly high end gear and algorithms. I’m not entirely sure what these reverbs are based on but it seems that they’re derived from some System 6000 sounds (albeit with a simpler layout). $30 for that with an optional controller seems hard to beat.

No offense, but it seems kinda gimmicky.

I’M OFFENDED!!!! :rofl

If it were a sh*tty sounding reverb I’d probably agree, but it sounds great and the dongle isn’t even necessary so I kinda think of it more as ‘I got a killer reverb plug-in and a cool little controller for dirt cheap”. I can definitely understand the appeal of having a hardware controller; while it’d obvious get a bit crazy if every plugin came with something like this, I’d love to have hardware controllers for my favorite plugins just for the ease of use/less dragging a mouse around.

And it looks cool. :ROFLMAO:

4431DCC8-8396-40E1-BA0D-3D143D5CECC5.jpeg

I almost bought it… But I’m looking at the notes and if you have a M series arm chip from Apple, you gotta run Rosetta.

Seeing a lot of this recently. (I just checked fabfilter and they’ve updated their software to run on Apple silicon.)

I do like that EC1 SSL interface however.

I almost bought it… But I’m looking at the notes and if you have a M series arm chip from Apple, you gotta run Rosetta.

Seeing a lot of this recently. (I just checked fabfilter and they’ve updated their software to run on Apple silicon.)

I do like that EC1 SSL interface however.

2017 iMac FTW!

Back