Boss RE-2 or RE-202?

EOengineer

Roadie
My MIL goes big for Christmas. This year she surprised me with an RE-2 that she must have sniped off my Amazon wishlist.

Im a Space Echo guy with experience ranging from original hardware up through Helix and others. So far I dig this one. I might even like it better than the Helix model. If feels AT LEAST on par.

My only gripes are with the lack of any control over saturation, and a really unintuitive tap tempo implementation that’s since been augmented in the RE-202 via a firmware update.

I have the gift receipt and am thinking I might want to step up to the RE-202. Anyone have strong opinions?

Proud Of You Yes GIF

Circling back - just getting some time to try this out, it’s really a VERY good Space Echo. The aged tape and adjustable saturation are essential to some of my fav flavors, so the step up did pay off.

It wouldn’t be fair to compare it to other SE solutions I’ve used as it would be from memory, but I’ll line the 202 up against the Helix soon and see how that goes.

This is def going on the pedalboard.

Congrats, mine has become a staple and core part of my tone. One of the GOATs for sure

I have not really spent much time on the space echo model on my HX one

So is the 202 (and really; the space echo as a whole) all trippy stuff or can it do a little more normie-style delay stuff?

So is the 202 (and really; the space echo as a whole) all trippy stuff or can it do a little more normie-style delay stuff?

I haven’t used the new 202, but one of the modes on a space echo is just a single head and then you have rate, intensity, and level controls. So it’s just like a normal delay

Back