Boosted Dual Rec Rev F

riffy

Roadie

Trying out a mic I borrowed Beyer M160 in conjunction with a standard SM57.
I cloned the modern Red channel to Vintage Orange. A very different sound than
Red alone or Orange alone.

I did put some plate verb on in post as I don't particularly like dry guitar nekkid
by itself.

I would LOVE to know what you guys think of the sound. I am biased towards s
digging it but sometimes my ears lie to me!

One of my favorite rev G DR tones is the red modern channel cloned to orange vintage. You get the vintage gain creaminess with the addition of the modern channel’s presence knob to add some of that aggressive top back in. I prefer it over red modern for most things these days.

Rectifier amps have a channel cloning feature where the orange vintage channel can sound like the red modern channel and vise versa. It just makes the amp more versatile.
I didn’t know this. I had a non-multi watt, was this feature available in that one? I swear i read the manual.

Yes it was available then on channel 2 and 3.
Mine was built in 2005 if that matters.

I might have liked it a little better had I known about cloning channels. How do you set it to clone?

I may have know about this feature but just never heard it called cloning. Tell me more about it.

Last edited:
The 3 channel just lets you pick raw, vintage, or modern on channel 2 & 3 from the switches on the front of the amp.

Oh. It’s just picking a channel then. Ok, thanks. I wasn’t missing anything. 🙂 If I remember correctly, the presence control was the difference between the orange and red channel.

The orange channel was the best one on that amp. Vintage was closest to a Marshall and I kind of lived there. Ended up trading it instead of trying to make it more Marshally.

Oh. It’s just picking a channel then. Ok, thanks. I wasn’t missing anything. 🙂 If I remember correctly, the presence control was the difference between the orange and red channel.

The orange channel was the best one on that amp. Vintage was closest to a Marshall and I kind of lived there. Ended up trading it instead of trying to make it more Marshally.
Yeah that’s right. It was a little more cryptic with the old 2 channel models where you had switches on the back of the amp.

Back