Black Country Customs pedals by Laney

Desertdweller

Roadie
These do not seem to be discussed much on the forums, but every video I see of them is so good. Maybe it’s just market saturation for pedals, but their overdrives and their new delay pedal all sound and look phenomenal in videos. Has anyone played them? How is The DIfference Engine comparatively to other similar MIDI programmable delay pedals like the Timeline, DD500, Nemesis, or Seymour Duncan Andromeda / Dark Sun?

I have the BCC Secret Path reverb. Not using it so much these days because I have a lot of other pedals and an FM9, but it's a pretty decent reverb pedal and has multiple voicings with something to offer everyone.

Only one thing niggles me about these pedal designs is they they insist on using those knobs that look really nice, but unfortunately they are hard to read in moderate lighting conditions and impossible to read in low light levels (especially when being simulataneously blinded by the LED).

These do not seem to be discussed much on the forums, but every video I see of them is so good. Maybe it’s just market saturation for pedals, but their overdrives and their new delay pedal all sound and look phenomenal in videos. Has anyone played them? How is The DIfference Engine comparatively to other similar MIDI programmable delay pedals like the Timeline, DD500, Nemesis, or Seymour Duncan Andromeda / Dark Sun?

Had the Ti Boost. Was a little more happy with it than the Sabbra Cadabra pedal but ultimately traded it for something. In my rig I thought it sounded a bit boxy in the mids.

Back