Beginner (First) Synth

Practical me: You only need the TR-6S

Actual me: You’ll only be happy with the TR-8S

giphy.gif

Still maintain the best drum machine—hardware or software—is Sonic Charge's Microtonic with Patternarium. It's killed all desire for a hardware box. Run in multi-out mode, drag the MIDI file to your DAW... instant inspiration. Just downloaded five new beats, two of which have already started new songs.

Still maintain the best drum machine—hardware or software—is Sonic Charge's Microtonic with Patternarium. It's killed all desire for a hardware box. Run in multi-out mode, drag the MIDI file to your DAW... instant inspiration. Just downloaded five new beats, two of which have already started new songs.

I’ll have to give that a look, though I’ve been looking exclusively at hardware. I kind of like the idea of a DAW’less setup, but we’ll see how that works out.

Tonal difference between Minilogue and Hydrasynth are apples and oranges. Minilogue is warm sounding analog with a limited sonic range IMO relative to Hydrasynth. Hydrasynth is unapologetically digital with a very wide sonic palette. Neither is better. Just depends on what you want.

Now I want a hydra to go with my mini :rofl:facepalm

Spent an hour or so with it via headphones. Need to hook up my monitors to it tomorrow. Have gone through about half the presets, several of them of very inspiring. One downside to the presets though is you only know the settings for them on the controls with LED lights associated with them, not all the knob values so those might be unobtainable without about 736 hours of random tweaking. Which reminds me of:

giphy.gif

Nonetheless a lot of fun for one pass at it. Managed to create my first sequence, but didn’t get far enough to try layering with it. The joystick is the synth equivalent of a whammy bar. I spent way too much time dicking around with the pitch and effect manipulations on that.

Good fun. Lots to learn.

@Whizzinby How you getting on with it?

Loving some of the presets, but having some difficulty re-building them from scratch. I conceptually understand the VCO’s and Multi Engine but having them interact to produce some of the tones from the presets (Much less something new) has been a challenge. Luckily I have about 5-6 presets that I can go to to play some cool stuff when I’m close to pulling my hair out.

Back