Anyone using Band in a Box 2024?

Piing

Shredder
I remember the old BiB loaded with crappy country, jazz and Latin styles, but the new edition has some cool modern styles, and real-tracks phrases recorded by musicians that will follow the chord sequence. Anyone using it?

Interest tool for studying, practicing, and as an aid to write songs.

I've loaded a style called "No Escape Brit Psyc Funk Soloist" and dropped some quasy-random chords, to drive the guitarist crazy with the weird changes. Just for fun. Here is the result:

(note: there are audio glitches because I could not use ASIO to capture the audio with OBS, so I used the laptop MME soundcard)

Last edited:
Wow, Band in a Box is still around, cool! I bought one of the very early versions in the 1990s. Can't remember if it was the Atari (computer not gaming) or Mac version. It was state of the art software back then and I used it quite a bit for composing and arranging. Although I haven't used it since the turn of the century. Anyways it was a cool program in the early versions, looks like it still is and I'm glad to see that it's going strong.

Last edited:
Wow, Band in a Box is still around, cool! I bought one of the very early versions in the 1990s. Can't remember if it was the Atari (computer not gaming) or Mac version. It was state of the art software back then and I used it quite a bit for composing and arranging. Although I haven't used it since the turn of the century. Anyways it was a cool program in the early versions, looks like it still is and I'm glad to see that it's going strong.

Glorious Atari ST! It came with MIDI incorporated!!

Another experiment. All tracks 100% generated with BiB

If in the future BiB incrporated AI, that would be mind-blowing

The Digitech Trio (and Trio+) was created in partnership with Band in the Box.

The new owners of Digitech have started updating/re-releasing old pedals, most recently the old Jam Man looper with minor improvements.

Back