Anyone play the NYT daily games?

Achilles

Rock Star
As a brain exercise I play them all every day. Spelling Bee, Wordle, Word Wrap, Connections, Tiles, and both crosswords. Cost $19 for the year and it's money well spent at my age since I'm getting forgetful, etc. Today is one for the books. :giggle:

1697290369141.png

wordle - Copy.jpg

I have 2 brain activities..., well 3, if I count using 3D CAD in my job from time to time-

Learning tricky guitar riffs that challenge my memory and technical skills, and doing Samurai Sudoku. But I'm terrible at crosswords. My vocabulary is pretty limited. But anything related to math, I'm attracted to.

Head's up. Was sick yesterday and didn't turn the PC on all day. Wordle took me not playing as a LOSS!?!?!?!?!?!?

My 138 game streak is over and I'm back to 1 even though I didn't lose a game!

WTF?!?!?!?

pissedoff.gif

...both crosswords...
I don't know if you're into Cryptic/English crosswords at all - or whether either of the NYT crosswords would qualify as such. Most Americans don't even seem to know they exist. I've been addicted for over 30 years, after picking up a book of them in an airport and being a captive audience on a plane for about 6 hours. Anyway, if you're "down with the cryptics" (I just coined the phrase LOL), don't walk; run out and buy this book:

Blue Chip Cryptic Crosswords

If it's possible to have your mind blown by frickin' crossword puzzles, this book will do it. :D

Looks really cool but these days I like my brain exercises in little bite size bits.
You just have to consume in moderation LOL. I worked on that book for a couple of years. :oops: It was actually a bummer finishing it, because I can't find another book half as good to keep me company.

Back