Anyone have any experience with the Bare Knuckle Miracle Man?

Update: I do like it a lot - I'm not sure if I like it more than the EMG H2, which sounds almost identical but sells for like $50 used :D. The MM is much higher output, and has a tighter thicker low end, but the upper mids are a little smoother, I assume thanks to the higher output. The H2 has more "sagginess" to it, but the MM is more controlled sounding. Don't know which I like more TBH, but the H2 sings a bit better for leads I think and the rawness of the low output tone is appealing. 8.5k ish vs 18kish. the MM is around twice as loud as the H2. I definitely would prefer the MM over the 81 I think because it retains the low end. I like both more than I like the dimarzio fortitude

I think it's easier to play the MM though.

Last edited:
I’m not 100% sold on the EMG’s in the Edwards, they’re fine and do what you expect them to, just not sure I want that particular thing for that guitar. And my uncle just gave me another 81/85 set he had kicking around I have no clue what to do with. :rofl

I went back to the H2 with a ~9 dB PA2 clean boost mod. Something about the low-med output + ceramic magnet that just has the right amount of rawness/grit and top end for me. I was gonna try a magnet swap to ceramic on the fortitude but I don't have any ceramic dimarzio sized magnets. Still might try that

Well I know the JB/59 ain’t goin’ back in! :rofl

I feel you there. I love them and then I don't. For a certain style they work in my Edwards, and then
I get a whim and think I can Chug and I am like, "These suck donkey ass!" :facepalm

I have accumulated a few sets of pickups in anticipation of changing them out. One set is just the
standard Les Paul Custom set in Gold. I may try that. 490R/498T. Those are some of Gibsons best
Pups ever.

I feel you there. I love them and then I don't. For a certain style they work in my Edwards, and then
I get a whim and think I can Chug and I am like, "These suck donkey ass!" :facepalm

I have accumulated a few sets of pickups in anticipation of changing them out. One set is just the
standard Les Paul Custom set in Gold. I may try that. 490R/498T. Those are some of Gibsons best
Pups ever.

I think I’d probably put a set of Aldrich’s in the Edwards and maybe put something more traditional/PAF-sounding in the Orville. That Orville just sounds so damn good I’m scared to deviate from it’s setup now, but I’d like to widen the gap on tones between those two guitars for sure.

Yeah, messing too much with a good thing. I hear ya there.

I snagged a set of the Aldrich's but they are Zebra, and I am not sure I want that look in the Edwards.
Funny, eh? Like Zebra in a Black LP, but not so sure about a White one. :idk

Back