Albums That The First Track Sucked You Right In

I discovered Q5 randomly from a YouTube posting many years ago, but fell in love immediately. They're second album to me is just the the greatest kind of epic 80s pop rock. I've said it before, but you could absolutely replace the real soundtrack for the movie Bloodsport with this entire fucking album. If you hear this and don't see Jean-Claude Van Damme seeing Bolo Yeung's face in the window reflection, I don't know what to do for you.

This is the opening track, and the moment I heard it I was sucked in for good. This album is a masterpiece of the height of 80s emotion. And it has the weird distinction of having Floyd Rose, the inventor of said whammy, as one of the guitarists. If you watch the awful quality video for this thing, you'll see Floyd Rose himself playing the solo with a Kramer Enterprize, at 2:20, one of the coolest looking guitars I've ever seen.

For a more metal but equally epic offering from their first album:

This might be relegated to the obsurity from which it emerged, but I at least had to point out this badass Kramer Enterprise that Floyd Rose is holding in this shot:

Q5.jpg

Back