AIDA-X Neural Modeling on the MOD Dwarf/Free Plugin

Will Chen

Roadie
So...another one. I have a MOD Dwarf in the closet so will be watching this one as it develops. List of models is painfully low as they just launched, and I don't know how many Dwarfs they actually shipped, but MOD is planning to offer "High Quality Professional models" soon.

The MOD Forum has a dedicated category for neural modelling and it has been quite active. I believe there are already more than 100- model files shared.

You can see a compilation of shared models in this topic: https://forum.mod.audio/t/list-of-shared-models/9631
Something like tonehunt.org for NAM would be of great value to everyone, its a simple place to post the captures and search and rate them.

Cheers.

The MOD Forum has a dedicated category for neural modelling and it has been quite active. I believe there are already more than 100- model files shared.

You can see a compilation of shared models in this topic: https://forum.mod.audio/t/list-of-shared-models/9631

True. But outside the Polytone, it seems a great many of the models are simply capturing other modeling devices. I don't particularly have an issue with people doing that, it's just not something I'm interested is as I'm fortunate enough to have an FM3.

Wish the Mod Dwarf had lower latency.

It's 8ms which is fine by itself, but leaves not much room (~3-4 ms max for me) for other digital pedals or wireless.

Every bit this.
Given that I had some situations where I was running into additional latencies without being able to do something against it (such as sorta being forced to play through a first gen Aviom personal monitoring system) sometimes already, I won't use anything running at 8ms to start with (let alone that through headphones, just those 8ms may start to irritate me here and there already - and no, I'm not Mr. Golden Time).
Also, I'd really like to know about the CPU power of this thing. Are we talking, say, Helix Floor or HX Stomp territory here?

Back